<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plus, if there is any "publicity" to the event on the national stage, it continues to make this area look backwards. </div></div>
I can't remember where I saw it, but I remember reading where one of the organizers or drs said "Wise County is our Katrina." Appalling. Simply appalling. I come from a very, very non-affluent family. We were never nor are we now anywhere near Katrina-type need. Whole other ball of wax there.
Second, I have lived in two different time zones and other places in this state. The questions are still the same: "You guys have running water? Do you still have to go outside to use the bathroom (outhouse)? Do you have electricity way back in those hollows?" And every chance there is to show off just how "poor" this area is, gets exploited beyond belief. Anybody remember the Letcher County thing with American Idol? I'm not an Edwards fan in any way, shape or form, but that has nothing to do with the next statement. His timing in coming here could not have been worse for this area.




Bookmarks